MACADAMIA NUT CRUSTED HALIBUT TACOS
- 3 pounds of halibut
- "The Tropical" BK salsa (for marinade)
- 1/4 pound of Brioche Bread
- 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic (or garlic powder)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of water
- 10 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 cup "The Tropical" BK Salsa
- One red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cabbage
1) Marinate the halibut in "The Tropical" BK Salsa for at least one hour.
For the Macadamia Nut Crust:
2) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the macadamia nuts on a baking sheet and toast until golden. Allow to cool completely. In a food processor, puree brioche. Add the cooled macadamia nuts. Add minced garlic (or garlic powder), Pulse until a crumbly mixture is formed. Pour crust mixture into a shallow dish and set aside until needed.
3) Remove fish from marinade, give it some air for a few minutes. Dip 3 ounce pieces in to egg wash (beated egg and water), then into the crusting until well-covered. Griddle sear in Olive Oil in a non-stick pan till golden brown. Place tortillas on a low flame for about 40 seconds and remove. Place halibut on the tortillas, layer with "The tropical" BK Salsa, Creme Fraiche, thinly sliced red onion, and shredded cabbage. Garnish with Lime.