- Olive Oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic (1/2 clove)
- 8 ounces of Pasta (of your choice)
- 4-5 strips of Bacon, or substitute vegetarian bacon
- 3 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup dairy or vegan parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup BK Salsa The Tropical
In a pot of boiling salted water, cook your pasta till al dente (or 8-10 mintues), drain the water. Set aside.
On medium heat, sautee shallots till soft, then add the onions (add a pinch of salt and pepper) and bacon, and sautee till onions are soft and bacon is browned. Then add the coconut milk and The Tropical to the pan and let it simmer for 6-9 minutes while mixing. Add the parmesan cheese and continue to mix while simmering for another 2 mintues.
Add the cooked pasta to the sautee pan filled with the simmering sauce, stir for 2-3 minutes, then serve.